A small introduction about myself
Thiago F. Festa
Toledo, PR, Brazil
San Francisco, CA
Hi, my name is Thiago! I was born and raised in Toledo a small town in the state of Paraná located in south Brazil. Since child I was amazed by computers and programming languages, my first
website framed HTML with lots of animated gifs was developed using Microsoft FrontPage 2000 around my 10 years old.
Around end of 2006 I started learning PHP and MySQL; In 2007 I was already envolved on PHP Brazilian's websites and contributing with open source code and articles (PHPBrasil article, PHPBrasil script, also some PHPNuke modules).
I started studying Information Technology in 2008 and graduated in December 2011, while in college I always worked as developer or CS related jobs. After ending my college I got a job offer to work in the United States for Bright.com as Front End Engineer. Currently I am working for DocuSign as Software Engineer.
This is who I am. To the infinity and beyond!
If you are looking for more information about me, bellow you can see more details. Thank you.
These is what I am good at
HTML5 / CSS3
All I did have this, always trying to be updated.
I love it!
First JS framework I learned.
AngularJS / BackboneJS
I am not a ninja, but looking forward.
After using it, become hard to develop big projects without it.
Lets avoid mistakes and make everything testable.
So many tools, as a frontend developer we need to keep all organized, thank you GruntJS.
My first backend language and database. I have some knowledge but I am currently focusing on frontend.
I also can mention about some other skills that I know:
• Advanced Skills: Sass, Compass, XML, JSON;
• Intermediate: NodeJS, jQuery UI, jQuery Mobile, Yeoman, Bower, JamJS, Dojo, Phonegap, PHP, Java, SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Symfony, Zend Framework, Code Igniter, SQL Express;
• Beginner: Apache, Python, Ruby, Photoshop, Fireworks, CorelDraw.
My education and work experience
Bachelor in Information Technology
• My group (me and more 4 friends) won the first Olympiad in Informatics promoted by FASUL in March 2008;
• Created a group of study of Python called GEPy (Grupo de Estudos em Python, Study Group of Python);
As an author:
• Completion of Course Work - 2011 - Software of relational data modelling in a Web environment using HTML 5.
As a teacher:
DocuSign, San Francisco-CA
• Integrated Estate Assist products into the DocuSign platform;
• Worked on building new marketing high traffic pages, resulting in increased revenue.
T F Sistemas Web EIRELI, Toledo-PR-Brazil
Front End Engineer
Estate Assist (acquired by DocuSign), San Francisco-CA
• I worked in these 3 different applications:
Front End Engineer
Bright.com (acquired by LinkedIn), San Francisco-CA
• Left Bright.com when it was acquired by LinkedIn.
• Development and maintenance of iPhone and iPad applications integrated with their web sites.
Inside Sistemas, Toledo-PR-Brazil
Webdeveloper Freelancer (Owner)
• Development of WordPress themes.
• Development and maintenance of a system of tickets made in PHP and MySQL and Oracle 10g;
• Development and maintenance of an instant messaging system written in Java and MySQL, with integration with the ticket system through sockets;
• Development of a HR system made in PHP and MySQL.